Monday, December 1, 2008

Soprano clarinet


All through middle school and most of high school I thought that the clarniet was the most annoying instrument in the world. Well it is. I mean that in all sincerity. The clariniet is the most annoying instrument on the face of the planet when in the wrong hands. But when in the right hands the soprano clarinet can be one of the most beautiful things that you have ever heard. In the orchestra that I am in, Maestro chose a piece with a solo clarinet. All I could think is that there was going to be a squeaking and gawking clarinet, but when she played it, it completely owned the other people in the orchestra. This type of clarinet is looked over way to much. When I'm Sixty- Four by the beatles has a clariniet choir in it. All of the best old jazz songs has clarinet. The original version of Sing Sing Sing had a clarinet solo in the beggining and in my opinion it was better before they replaced it with soprano sax. Rhapsody in blue starts out with a clarinet solo that if played well sets up the whole piano solo. Obviously the clarniet can't be in rock, but IF IN THE RIGHT HANDS a clarniet can fit into almost any genre of music.

No comments: